Twelve Ways to Make the Most of CROSSFIT FOR HOPEMay 8, 2012
12. Know what the heck it is. CrossFit For Hope is a workout that will be done by all CrossFit gyms around the world on June 9th, 2012. Pretty cool, right? The purpose is to raise money to help support St. Jude Children’s Hospital, which is working toward a 100% survival rate among it’s children afflicted with Leukemia.
11. Familiarize yourself with the workout and the movements involved. They are: Burpee, power snatch, box jump, thruster, and chest to bar pull up. Never done a power snatch? Can’t do a chest to bar pull up? Use YouTube to look up the names of all movements and make sure you’ve tried them at least once before June 9th. It’s OK to scale any/all movements.
10. Raise Funds. That’s the point of this whole thing, after all. Donate money, or ask other people to donate at least $10 or so. People may also donate based on your performance. ( $1 for every rep completed, for instance).
Set a good example for your kids by informing them about what you are doing, why you are doing it, who these sick kids are, and how you plan on setting aside some money to do your part.
9. SIGN UP! If you are competing in the workout, you will need to sign up here on our website as well as on the hope.crossfit.com website so that you can donate and see your name on the leaderboard. We have a goal of getting 100 athletes to participate in this workout. We are currently at 25. Please sign up TODAY.
8. Make this your first CrossFit competition. Even if you are brand new to CrossFit, there is no reason not to make this your first taste of competition. We are doing this for FUN, not to actually compete to ‘win’ anything. This event will be more like an extended class with more people than usual, and a lot more cheering and motivation to do well.
7. Know that you can scale any/all movements as necessary. There is NO REASON that you will not be able to finish this workout. It is not any harder than a normal CrossFit Aspire workout and you are encouraged to modify as necessary.
6. Invite your family and friends to see what you do at this crazy gym. Surely you’ve mentioned CrossFit more than a few times to your husband/wife, parents, kids, neighbors, etc. This is the perfect day to invite them out to see you in action and to see what a cool place you belong to!
5. Get your friends involved in the workout. People who are brand new to CrossFit can certainly join in the fun. If your friend plans on working out, please have them sign up the same way that you did, on both websites.
4. Encourage other gym members to sign themselves up. The event isn’t until June 9th. That gives them a full month to cancel whatever plans they had that day, and get themselves ready for the workout!
3. Eat well. Sleep more. Stress less. These things will cause you to be a healthier person, and a stronger athlete. You have 30 days to make a change. Start a new good habit today, and stick with it for the next 30 days. You’ll be surprised at what a difference it makes.
2. Watch some CrossFit HQ videos to get you in the competition mood. Or stay on top of the CrossFit Games Regional Competitions, which are happening each weekend this month all over the world. These competitions will determine the top 3 males and females from each region that will be going to the CrossFit Games.
1. Come to class 2-4 times every week between now and June 9th. If you cannot make it out more than 2 or 3 times/week, practice body weight movements (air squats, push ups, pull ups, burpees, mountain climbers, sprints, box/step jumps, runs, lunges) at home.This entry was posted in News & Events. Bookmark the permalink. ← A (Delicious) Day in the Life of: Brooke Convento WOD: Wednesday, May 9th →