For the Love of Food: No Frills ComboFebruary 16, 2011
We generally recommend eating a meat, veggie, and fat at every meal. Usually, it comes in the form of a nice cut of steak or piece of fish, nestled closely to one or two piles of fresh veggies cooked in olive oil. Some night, however, when time is scarce, and leftover are a-plenty, our dishes look more like a ‘mixer’ of all of the foods in our fridge. And this is OK. It might not look as pretty, but as long as it tastes good, it’s dinner to us!
Here’s a perfect example of what to do with that leftover chicken breast, cubed roasted sweet potatoes and a fresh bunch of kale.
1. Rinse, chop and saute the kale in coconut oil (or olive oil). Add some raisins, if you want a little sweetness.
2. Pull the chicken apart into small pieces, and toss it in with the kale.
3. Mash up the sweet potatoes, and add dollops of it to the saute pan.
4. Pour on some Frank’s Red Hot.
5. Eat!!!Recipes. Bookmark the permalink. ← WOD: Wednesday, February 16th WOD: Thursday, February 17th →